Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

communication with PC and PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_87

Hey all,

Im currently working on a project using the PIC18F4550, the major part is to make my PC communicate with the PIC via USB, and its my first time that I work with PIC that support the USB feature! so what driver should I get? what firmware should I use? in other words ... what are the steps to follow to control my PIC through PC via USB!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

If to want to do full USB rather than a serial to usb converter then go to the Microchip site who have a massive section on USB with full free downloadable pic micro to pc demo software

Hello again!
thanks for your reply! the official microchip.com was the first site to visit! but I couldn't find anything easy enough to start with!
I'm using the C18 compiler and I'm simulating the project on Proteus VSM 7.6
I just need my PC to control a certain Port of the MCU ( blinking led or whatever )
is there any place I can find a similar application ?

kindly waiting for your reply
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back