Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

common emitter circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay let me see here. the collector resistor is to prevent over current/voltage to the collector. the base resistor is to prevent the same to the base. the emitter resistor will determine the output voltage/current for a CE is this right?

mybuickskill6979 said:
the collector resistor is to prevent over current/voltage to the collector.
In the case of a saturated switch, the resistor limits the current.

But in the case of an amplifier, you don't necessarily need a resistor since the collector current can be determined by the base and emitter voltages and resistors.
mybuickskill6979 said:
the base resistor is to prevent the same to the base.
Yes, the base resistor limits the base current and prevents too much voltage being applied to the base.
mybuickskill6979 said:
the emitter resistor will determine the output voltage/current for a CE is this right?
I don't understand what you mean.

The emitter resistor in a CE amp is part of the biassing arrangements.

AllVol said:
I assume you were talking about me?

No, I wasn't talking about anyone. . . Just trying to say something that sounded funny.

Guess I failed:(

okay i've been reading until my eyes hurt and have yet to learn exactly what goes into biasing. i've order elecronics for dummies and sent the money order out already but can some one real quick explain the process of chosing resistors and what not for biasing?

mybuickskill6979 said:
okay i've been reading until my eyes hurt and have yet to learn exactly what goes into biasing. i've order elecronics for dummies and sent the money order out already but can some one real quick explain the process of chosing resistors and what not for biasing?
For linear amplifiers? For switching? (I know, you're gonna say "yeah!")

oh yeah and callme lame but i don't see how the V-out which is above the transistor in the CE schematic can be efected by the base I/V i would think that all the V/I would run the path of least resistance through the out put at all times. i'm gonna have to put the circuit back together, and play with it some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back