Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commodore C64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

my friends kids have come across an old commodore C64. we are interrsted in knowing anythinh useful about it to get it goig just for the fun of it

There were a couple of books in the past that made books on projects on the C64 but those are hard to find but check www.amazon.com because a couple of times they had them for sale.

I'm mainly interested in general spcifications and port details and above all what display to use. it seems to have a TV RF out with a tuner cap on the back as well for a TV but you have to help me on that

Thunderchild said:
I'm mainly interested in general spcifications and port details and above all what display to use. it seems to have a TV RF out with a tuner cap on the back as well for a TV but you have to help me on that

The C64 was probably the most popular home computer ever?, there must be masses of data on the net for them - you can even download a PC simulator and various games. If you ever want to see a SLOWWWWW disk drive, try the C64 one, it was slower than most cassette systems.

Personally I never had one, but I did have (and still have!) a Commodore Plus 4.

u mean i have to google for it ? let me explain: my isp is having problems and i am connecting with my cell phone on the gsm network (instead of gprs) at the wooping speed of 9.6 Kbps. now it is taking ages to get anywere and the magiority of results are just buying and selling commodore gear or people showing theirs off but with little pratical info. i am not asking how to program it just how do i get it up and running i got more info out of the wikipedia but not technical unfortunately

Thunderchild said:
u mean i have to google for it ? let me explain: my isp is having problems and i am connecting with my cell phone on the gsm network (instead of gprs) at the wooping speed of 9.6 Kbps. now it is taking ages to get anywere and the magiority of results are just buying and selling commodore gear or people showing theirs off but with little pratical info. i am not asking how to program it just how do i get it up and running i got more info out of the wikipedia but not technical unfortunately

A few seconds on google wouldn't take any more time than you've spent posting that :lol:

But it's blindingly obvious how to connect it up!.

There's a TV output, connect that to your TV (which you will need to tune in), connect the PSU, connect the joystick(s), connect the tape deck (or disk drive) and power it all up. There should be a light on the C64 to show it's ON, then try tuning your TV, it should be around channel 36 (for a UHF modulator).

The C64 does indeed hold the title of most popular home computer ever made. Of course you could argue that there have been far more PCs sold than C64s, but then PCs come in various different shapes, sizes and flavours. When you're talking about one particular model of computer, the C64 sold more numbers than any other computer has done since.

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
The C64 does indeed hold the title of most popular home computer ever made. Of course you could argue that there have been far more PCs sold than C64s, but then PCs come in various different shapes, sizes and flavours. When you're talking about one particular model of computer, the C64 sold more numbers than any other computer has done since.

Brian

No argument there.. without a doubt, more PC's. Probably more PC sell each _year_ than the total population of C64 ever made.

Ahh the memories..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back