Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

I started working at a small lighting company a few months ago. I've been put in charge of creating wiring diagrams. Most of the diagrams are already done, so I basically just need to tweak them for the different light options. No one here is really familar with the electrical codes, so I dont know if they are being wired properly.

The attached diagram shows the wires that come out of the fixture for a 3 circuit light. Should there be a seperate neutral and ground for all 3 circuits?

Is there a book or anything that I could read to get up to speed on wiring?

These lights are specifically made for hospitals if it matters.

Attachments

• 3ckt wiring.jpg
    3ckt wiring.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 305
The city you are performing the work in should have an electrical code book loaded with standards and regulations available to contractors. Also, the county will probably have one, the state will and the entire country has.

Click here to go to NEMA's website.

Jeff

now is these lights stand alone lights(such as on placed on a desk with a control circuit inside of it)or are they built in permanent fixtures? If they're permanent fixtures in the building then you need to consult the NEC code and contact a electrician. If it stand along units then consult NEMA

Good point!

Sounds pretty typical to me. Far far to often I here that
'I'm a licensed contractor/electrician or work for a licensed manufacture therefor I dont need to know the codes.' Reasoning. :(

I hope your company is not one of them but I suspect it already is. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back