Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial LED lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.M.

We are possibly going to retrofit a room as a test run for LED lighting to determine whether or not it should be done across every room. However that is not important.

This is not new technology but it seems there is a lack of accessible information as to how these are hooked up. There are input voltages of different types (12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, and 120/220Vac). I feel like going with the 120V Ac system would be better as to cut down costs for extra regulated power supplies. If that is not an issue id like to know.

I have been researching some LED drivers and am askin anyone if my assumptions are correct.

Is this all thats needed? a sufficient LED driver for the job, and a string of LEDs capable of lighting the area at hand. I know it sounds like a basic and dumb question, but im tryin to cover all the bases and im new with this.

Then lastly, could anyone recomment Drivers, and LED strings to look for. I have been researching Drivers and have found two particular sets i like: National Semiconductors **broken link removed** because it has a wide variety of LED loads and it can source 5 amp or so. Also Luxeon's LED-120A-0024V-18F because it can drive 3 legs of 6 LED's in parallel which can push 50W. Depending on whether or not i want to control all of the room from one driver, or split them up so there can be manual control to any section of the room i will choose accordingly.

Perhaps your two cents will aid me in finding a solution.

Thanks in advanced.

HV9910 requires an external FET but can supply anything under the supply voltage from any supply voltage from 8-450V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back