Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comma required or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because Aluminium is the correct way! :p

Nope, the English don't say that, we say 'water'.

There may be an occasional weird regional accent that says 'wo-tah', but the vast majority don't.

You've not been watching American actors trying to do English accents have you?, they are always absolutely abysmal, and bear no resemblance to English.

Americans don't have the ear for it. I have developed an ear, still there are a few that until they say what country their from, I believe are American. It's Americans who try to do English that is bad.

There are many sites in Google that demonstrate pronunciation of the word "water" by Brits, Americans and Canadians.
Nearly all of the Brits say, "WOtah" but some say, "Wahtah", the Americans say, "Wahdder" and the Canadians say, "Wahter".

This argument is ALL WET ! 641068_laugh_png6fd80a75970a0a7d77eb658592958e6f.png

What we have here is a failure to co-mu-ni-cate!
Try this:
JimB

Their co-mu-ni-ca-tion is awful.
It looks like Brits need subtitles in order to talk to each other.

Their co-mu-ni-ca-tion is awful.
It looks like Brits need subtitles in order to talk to each other.

You have not been here yet AG. I think seven (approved) languages here at the very least.

Dizzy :arghh:

Last edited:
Google Youtube for .......The English Language in 24 Accents. FYI There is a lot of swearing

Just to complicate matters, I have decided that I ought to learn Urdu and Polish as useful second languages since these seem to be the most widely spoken non-English languages in Britain. Although most native speakers of these languages speak very good English, a few don't - it would be nice to be able to have even the most basic conversations with them. So far I think I can remember 2 words of Urdu thanks to playing the word games on surfacelanguages.com, so in about 10 years I'll have reached beginner level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back