Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining SDI and SDO and interfacing two devices with diffrent voltage levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboWanabe

HI

Ive searched the forum and cant find anyone who has had a similar problem so going to throw this out there.

Ive been given a task to implement this circuit:

Setup.png

the main problems are:

1) Im using a pic18f45k20 which dosent have a 5v output and i belive im going to have an issue with interfacing the two devices i.e. digital interfacing with two diffrent voltage levels?

2) i have two pins SDI and SDO and in the circuit they are combined into one. Am i right in thinking that i need to create the mosfet circuit on MCU side my self? also if i send data isnt MISO going to recive at the same time? do i release or ignoe the PIN when transmutting.

3) what do i need to find out about each device to interconnect them i.e input thresholds etc

Thanks guys.

hi,
Have a look thru this pdf.

E

Attachments

• 3_3vto5vAnalogTipsnTricksBrchr.pdf
    952.8 KB · Views: 280
Hey thank you so much ill have a look at that but might struggle understanding it lol

I don't think that there will be any problem using the circuit that you suggest. The pull-up is to 3.3 V, and the SPI signals are all open-drain, so they either pull down or do nothing. The 3.3 V that they will get to will be fine for the 5 V supplied device. It probably has a threshold at 1.5 V or so anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back