Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining currents of different voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukebaker

Hi, I would like to know how to combine dc currents of different voltages. I want to keep maximum voltage and current.
I would like a circuit diagram if possible, or just some tips would be fine.
The closest I circuit diagram I can find is charge controller, but don't think you can combine currents of different voltages.
Help appreciated.

This is possible with the use of a quality and regulated 12V supply that is capable of sourcing more than the total volts of all your devices combined. To be safe, you have to have at least 30% more than the total power drawn by a device. You can check the manuals of each device to be sure. You can also use an SMPS if you require higher current draws. Hope this helps. -N.B.

Last edited:
This is possible with the use of a quality and regulated 12V supply that is capable of sourcing more than the total volts of all your devices combined. To be safe, you have to have at least 30% more than the total power drawn by a device. You can check the manuals of each device to be sure. You can also use an SMPS if you require higher current draws. Hope this helps.

Perhaps you should try reading the thread dates? - it's over two years ago, and the poster hasn't been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back