Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

combine Bode-plots in Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I simulated some Bode-plots for crossovers (high/low pass) in Multisim and it went ok for bandpass, low- and highpass.
Can I simulate, what happened, if I joined the Bode-plots. I.e. I have the low end, mid range and high end for some speakers. Now I would to overlay them, because I am aiming for 1 or so dB rise, where the mid is taking over. Its not exactly linear, so I try to lift the ends a bit.

Cheers,

Case

Linear amp filter response can be added, yes , even if the response is not linear but passive filters may interfere impedance wise on response in parallel.

its an active filter
bandpass_zpsam7otpxf.gif

Do you want to split 3 filter stages, then drive each from your single source , rather than cascade and show source impedance.

3 outputs
LPF, HPF and (LPF+HPF)

Last edited:
seems cannot be done, when the outputs of the 3 filters are connected, the result is more or less a line. Putting small resistors in at the outlet and place bode plotters before each resitor and another one to the sum of the outlets did not help either

Not sure why you started a new thread when you already had one dealing with this topic?

As I pointed out in the new thread, here, plotting the Bode plot of cascaded filters is the same as multiplying the individual responses, not adding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back