Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combine 2-UARTS i/p to 1-USb/UART out

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hi

I need to combine 2 different UART data into one USB out or UART out.
Is there an off-the-shelf device such as this,anyone knows, i can purchase?

Thanks and regards

Hi

I need to combine 2 different UART data into one USB out or UART out.
Is there an off-the-shelf device such as this,anyone knows, i can purchase?

Thanks and regards

I would imagine not, as it depends entirely on what the units are, what the data is, and how the data can be combined so the recevier can seperate it again.

Last edited:
Nigel
Thanks for replying.

I will explain my scenario.
I have a MCU board with 32 inputs and i do some calculations and send the data to a UART.
Now i want 64 inputs (or 2 of these boards) and combine the serial data into a single readout like this
But what about the hardware part? can this be done?
Or do i need 2 separate serial ports?

Nigel
Thanks for replying.

I will explain my scenario.
I have a MCU board with 32 inputs and i do some calculations and send the data to a UART.
Now i want 64 inputs (or 2 of these boards) and combine the serial data into a single readout like this
But what about the hardware part? can this be done?
Or do i need 2 separate serial ports?

I would have thought it's far easier to just add a second serial port, a simple USB/RS232 converter lead is all you require (I use multiple ones on my computer, as it has no serial port).

Yeah i figured that but do these USB/232 converters have 2nos 232 in and 1 no USb out?
Haven't seen them ever.I have a prolific 1-1 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back