Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

combination ADC/DAC chip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag

... can you get one?

Are there any ICs that do both a-d and d-a, but not at the same time, like write-enable on RAM? :p

I've never heard of anything like that. Are you trying to minimize PCB space usage? If you tell us more about what you are trying to do we can help you come up with a solution.

I'm designing a device which records 3 second of audio onto some SRAM and uses a PLD as the controller, but at any one time, either the ADC or DAC will be used ie there is no state on the state machine where both ADC and DAC are used at the same time. So i was thinking of minimising components by using a chip which does both. It's a guitar riff sampler-thing. :p

I've been looking for a combo ADC/DAC IC but can't find one! :cry:

Try the ISD2560 chip, (Google it), I think that does exactly what you want,

JimB

Looked at the ISD2560 datasheet, excellent single-chip solution for this design. :) The thing is, my design is for a final year project at my uni and should demonstrate some low level design like PLD programming. I'm doing this at 12-bits and 40khz sampling frequency.

OK try the Analog Devices ADUC7020, that combines ADC, DAC and a microcontroller.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back