Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Com port based pic software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello all,

I would like to build a digital dashboard for a Ford Cortina MK5 (UK spec) I have all of the basic ideas and parts worked out, however I would like to use a PIC or AVR to keep the cost down.

The thing is I have absolutely no programming ability, although I have used PICs with flowchart software before.

Can anyone suggest a flowchart programming environment for use with a JDM or similarly homemade programmer? Thanks in advance.

That looks to be absolutely perfect! Just 2 questions, do you know if is supports multiplication/division, and wether I can output to any PIC programmer or just their one? Either way thankyou very very much!

I think it does, they use it in work, but I would have to check, the datasheet says it does calculations.

As for programming your end-device, each compiler produces a .HEX file, which can be uploaded by your own / JDM programmer's software, most supply this piece of software to upload the files, you would have to check this as it would be supplied by the manufacturer / circuit creator (if building one from the internet).

One thing to be careful of when using non comercial programmers is the fuse settings,some compilers set them in the code, thus gets produced in the final .HEX file, but some custom programmers require the fuses to be set manually also before programming (this should be clear when reading the programmers documentation).

Hope this helps.

Wilksey

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back