Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

color TFT LCD module/controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi all,
I wish to do a project using TFT color LCD module of resolution 256K colors --
Size 240 x 320 pixels, 2.0 inch, 30 x 40 mm .

I'm using PIC for my project.Can anyone suggest a good LCD module controller for this resolution and color.

Thanks

That's tough. Most of the separate controllers I've seen are for B&W monochrome. Many of the actual products build the controller into the microcontroller as far as I know. IIRC the color controllers are usually module-specific so if you obtain any one color TFT module the chances of being able to find an LCD controller that matches it may be unlikely- and you'll probably need external RAM which is compatible with that controller too. So this gets to be a problem. You'd do well to start with a kit with an LCD controller built in like from **broken link removed**
I know they're expensive but quite a lot of people have been trying to pull this off and cheap/simple hasn't been achieved often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back