Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color Shift RGB Controller Using Shift Registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora

Hi everyone:

Currently I have a PMW RGB controller that I would like to convert to a color shifter. If anyone has played around with the idea or has any experience with shift registers, I would kindly could use your help.

Here is what I have:
RGB controller with 3 channel controls for 3 colors (R,G,B)
The controller produces different color effects and fading effects

Here is what I am trying to build:
I have a 10 module system of RGB units. Once connected to the new system, I would like to be able to shift the color from one module to another like a wave. Is it possible to connect 3 shift registers (one for each color) with 10 outputs to do such thing?

How fast your clock needs to be for the registers? Does the speed of the clock need to be in-sync with PWM clock speed?

I appreciate any feedback or help I can get.

Thanks,

Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back