Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Collage project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acars

Hi,

Hope somebody on here has good idea's !!!

Been given a project at collage where we have to design and build a device which uses the flashing LED light on a digital electric meter to trigger the input on our device.

Our device can be anything as long as it is triggered by the LED from the meter, and quite simple so we can build it !!

TIA
Acars

LOL,

A collage project? You may do better Googling "Arts and Crafts forums".

Just kidding, but realize collage and college are two totally different words :)

Your explanation isn't exactly clear as to what you want here.
What kind of digital electric meter are you talking about, with a flashing LED? What condition causes your meter to flash? Is this an ohm meter that has a visual LED indication for continuity?

What are the perameters here, are we optically triggering another device with the LED output of your meter, or are we using the voltage at the LED when it is turned on to drive another circuit?

Someone here may or may not be able to help you, but we need more details.

Yeah spelling as never been my strong point thats why I am doing Electronics.

The Digital Electric meter is one that flashes for every so many KW's it uses per hour.

Yes we are optically triggering the other device with the LED and we can use any voltage/power source we want.

**broken link removed**

Well, just a quick Google search turned up this phototransitor circuit that appears to use both stages of a dual JK flip-flop to toggle a 12 V relay whenever a pulse of light is detected. I may be reading the circuit incorrectly but the state of the relay probably changes (toggles) with each on pulse of the phototransistor which drives the CP input at pin 13.

I'm sure you can come up with some creative way to have your LED turn some device on and off each time the LED flashes. Maybe a siren or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back