Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coil squeal repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the board working properly?
Often I have found higher than usual inductor squeal to happen when a capacitor is bad.
A simple fix I have used for just naturally loud HF coils and transformers is to give them a good coating of acrylic enamel clear coat sealer.
I use the standard clear coat sealer made by Rust-Oleum and it works well.
Just spray it over the noisy coil and let it dry.
It also makes a great circuit board sealer too!

card is working good, its an known problem with those cards, they just keep puting bad components on pcb.
Ppl dont mind that sound, but i build silent pc and rly invested time into keeping it quiet...this just gets on my nervs.

Ill see if i can get things for that solution you said there, if not i have to improvize with something like i said in 1st post, hot glue or nail polish.

Just, i want to know one more thing, i have to apply all that around coil to cover air gaps which couse it to squeal?

Try clear nail polish--- it applies cleanly with it's included applicator brush and is a thicker coating over spray laquer.

Won't clear nail polish get brittle over time? Hot glue might work better, it stays pretty flexible unless the temperature drops very low.

Radio amateurs have been using their spouse's nail polish for years in vacuum equipment where heat is prominent. Unless there's vibrations involved, the nail polish should last.

i have graphics card and this coil squeal, making iritating high pitch sound.
If the coil is squealing that's vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back