Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coil help

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ indulis

with Air core, we have very small inductance but adding a core increases the Inductance and i think the coil must have 50 turns,so increases Inductance and the length of the coil is 6cm, i just measured. is it still less? or the inductance is less according to the voltage i applied?

Last edited:
Once the nail saturates, it done... theres no more core and it's just a short.

How much inductance you need depends on what flux level the nail saturates. Remember, you are increasing the inductance to reduce the current there by reducing the flux in the nail.

ok. i just got it indulis. it depends on the core. and i think every core is somewhat fix to a level of flux, when reach to this level it saturates and becomes a short.if it is true, then we can say that it depend upon voltage apply, because flux generate depend upon the voltage we applies. am i correct?

Last edited:
oh! sorry! yes you are right. so can we say that the saturation of a core depend upon current we applied? because as we increase the current, the flux increases and i think every core is fix to somewhat a level of flux. when the level of flux increase this saturation level of the core, the core becomes a short. am i correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back