Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coding using VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to write a code in hdl using VHDL for one of my projects..since i haven't used vhdl till now, i dont know how to start? some1 please guide me on how to complete the project..i have to submit it in 3 days..
i m giving the problem statement below:

{{{{{ The DNA sequence is made up of genes and the gene is made up of codons (a sequence of three bases
among AGCT). The system should take a corresponding gene in the two DNA sequences, which is
composed of 4 codons each* (you will thus have 24 bit binary numbers to compare). Then, compare
them codon wise i.e. bitwise subtraction of the codons will be done. The absolute values of such
differences will be added to give a net final summation. This summation is to be compared with a
predetermined value. If the summation does not exceed the predetermined value, then the two DNA
sequences match otherwise they don’t match. Also, all the processes have to be synchronized with a
common clock signal of any suitable frequency.
PS: The testbench also has to be written along with the code in order to verify if the code is working
properly.
Hint: Represent each base with 00,01,10,11 corresponding to A,G,C,T respectively. Thus each codon will
comprise of 6 bits. These 6 bits can be subtracted, the differences added and subsequent operations can
be performed. The testbench will serve the purpose of giving the gene sequence bits to the machine at
appropriate times. Use control signals to synchronize the working of the code and testbench properly.
* The number of codons in a gene is arbitrarily taken to be 4 codons for simplification purposes. }}}}}}

it would be helpful if some1 give me a working code..

i agree!! but i need to complete it asap..dont give me the code..just guide me so that i can complete it quickly...for a start, please tell me which e-book should i refer to and which software should i use...i dont want to cheat, just a humble request..

I'm just starting to play with VHDL and have found there are a lot of very good, easy to understand articles and tutorials on the web, very easily found within the first two or three pages of google hits. Just search VHDL and browse until you find a site that suits you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back