Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coding in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

A really quick, and basic question. If I were to look at coding in C for PICs, it seems like there are variations of C like CCS C, C18 etc.

CCS, Inc. - Home
**broken link removed**
etc

Are they all pretty much the same, or is there differences in the code? I have been recommended the CCS site so I assume this is a certain type of C code?

Sorry, its just quite confusing.

James

C18 is a good choice for the 18F series, the free SE version is quite a bargain. The 18F also have access to the excellent Swordfish BASIC compiler.

So is there differences in the way the C is coded for different subversions of C, like C18? Is there something wrong with the C used on the CCS site (also does it have a specific name). I ask because my teacher recommended it to me.

Ok, great. Are you able to tell me if there are differences in the languages between these compilers?

Hi all... Im a beginner to embedded sys... i have encountered a software name called MPLAB... can anyone please describe what is this ... and in which areas it can be useful...

Hi all... Im a beginner to embedded sys... i have encountered a software name called MPLAB... can anyone please describe what is this ... and in which areas it can be useful...

I have MPLab myself. It is a free software put out by Microchip that has everything you need to program a PIC (assembler, compiler, etc.).
Der Strom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back