Coding in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

A really quick, and basic question. If I were to look at coding in C for PICs, it seems like there are variations of C like CCS C, C18 etc.

CCS, Inc. - Home
**broken link removed**
etc

Are they all pretty much the same, or is there differences in the code? I have been recommended the CCS site so I assume this is a certain type of C code?

Sorry, its just quite confusing.

James

C18 is a good choice for the 18F series, the free SE version is quite a bargain. The 18F also have access to the excellent Swordfish BASIC compiler.

So is there differences in the way the C is coded for different subversions of C, like C18? Is there something wrong with the C used on the CCS site (also does it have a specific name). I ask because my teacher recommended it to me.

Ok, great. Are you able to tell me if there are differences in the languages between these compilers?

Hi all... Im a beginner to embedded sys... i have encountered a software name called MPLAB... can anyone please describe what is this ... and in which areas it can be useful...

Hi all... Im a beginner to embedded sys... i have encountered a software name called MPLAB... can anyone please describe what is this ... and in which areas it can be useful...

I have MPLab myself. It is a free software put out by Microchip that has everything you need to program a PIC (assembler, compiler, etc.).
Der Strom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…