Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code stops running

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hi.

2 months ago, I had a problem with a for loop which caused a device to enter into an infinite loop.

After fixing it, I didnt encounter any cases where the code stopped running, until now.

I burned the code into 4 units, however there is one unit which its code stopped running.
I think it might have something to do with HW rather than SW, since the 3 other units are running well.
However, I'm not 100% sure its an HW problem.

Do you know of any HW problems that could cause a unit's code to stop running?
Any other tip would help.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Power source lost
MCLR pin get disconnected
power source level drops below voltage threshold
someone steps on the unit

kind of need a little info to provide a useful answer

Hi alphacat,
I would swap out one of the working chips with the one which stopped running. If the circuit then works, you know it was the micro - if not then your problem is the hardware.

Hi.

2 months ago, I had a problem with a for loop which caused a device to enter into an infinite loop.

After fixing it, I didnt encounter any cases where the code stopped running, until now.

I burned the code into 4 units, however there is one unit which its code stopped running.
I think it might have something to do with HW rather than SW, since the 3 other units are running well.
However, I'm not 100% sure its an HW problem.

Do you know of any HW problems that could cause a unit's code to stop running?
Any other tip would help.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back