Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cobra MT975 Walkie Talkie Radios 12KM

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinkawe

hi guys, I just bought Cobra MT975 Walkie Talkie Radios 12Km range, but I do not get a good sound quality in the city,,,,, any way to increase the range or to connect it to other channels maybe

please help me:(

yeah dont use them in the city ;)

seriously, you will face signal problems using them in a hi rise area. and you are very unlikely to get any quoted range as that range is likely to be quoted for an obstacle free path and going by the reviews that would be an expected maximum. In practice expect less and in a hi rise city area substantially less.

Thats why there are Cb radio clubs that put repeaters on high buildings etc to increase the coverage in such area. Maybe there is a club repeater that you can use. You will have to do some investigating.

Dave

Last edited:
yeah dont use them in the city ;)

seriously, you will face signal problems using them in a hi rise area. and you are very unlikely to get any quoted range as that range is likely to be quoted for an obstacle free path and going by the reviews that would be an expected maximum. In practice expect less and in a hi rise city area substantially less.

Thats why there are Cb radio clubs that put repeaters on high buildings etc to increase the coverage in such area. Maybe there is a club repeater that you can use. You will have to do some investigating.

Dave

Thanks man for the information, i will take ure advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back