Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coaxial input to composite output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalaran

Do you know of a good/relatively cheap ic that can covert normal analogue video from my coaxial cable into composite video and audio?

Appreciate all help.

Right, thanks for the help.

The application is to aid my brother in his living room setup (TV/receiver/speakers). He wishes to use a receiver to control sound in the room, however the receiver does not have a coaxial input for normal cableTV. His current solution is to go into the TV with the coaxial cable and then use the audio out to receiver. However it seems that the audio output is controlled by the volume control of the TV (even mute). He then needs the speakers on the TV on if we wants to run his towers, etc through the receiver.

I'd like to make a circuit to take this coaxial cableTV and get composite (component if possible?) plus stereo out.

Is this possible? Is there a common IC out there that can accomplish this?

Thanks.

If the signal is analog TV, you could use an old VHS as a antenna passtrough, and use the audio out from there to next room. The VHS unit will contain the tuner needed to treat the RF signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back