Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coal-oil price

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

have to find out world's coal , oil prices for over few decades.
can any one tell me how or from where i would get those datas?

Try something like the Wall St Journal (USA) or the Financial Times (London).

They probably have such data.

JimB

If you can't find it on the web, try your local library. Libraries can usually get you almost any data you need (at least that's true where I live).

Do you still use coal-oil burning lamps? We have used electricity instead for 151 years.

Can't you read, AG? There's a comma between those two words in the O.P.'s question.
OOps.
Coal is used by polluting US electricity generating stations. The air pollution from Chicago comes to my part of Canada.

Canada destroyed a huge coal-burning electricity generating station about 10 years ago that was down-wind of me.

Oil comes from the ground. Its refined products are heavily taxed by some European countries.

What does coal and oil have to do with electronic circuits??

What does coal and oil have to do with electronic circuits??
Both are used in the generation of electricity, of course. And without electricity electronics hobbyists would be extinct. :D (ugh, I hate these new smileys)

thank u guys for ur valuable comments...
I am an electrical engineer and preparing a thesis on power sector, I am comparing the prices of different sources and trying to estimate the future dominant source of electricity production. I had tried many sources, libraries ,websites but could not get proper information. There is a group name high voltage in this forum. It deals with power system like renewable energy..So to get help from those concerned people I posted this question..
anyway thanks again
samina

Our experts determined that the power from huge rivers can drive generators cheaply. Then nuclear power was added. There are a few generators here powered from clean-burning and cheap natural gas. We don't have many windmill generators and no solar power.

Batteries don't use coal or oil. They make electricity.
Ah, but to manufacture the batteries oil or coal is probably used to process the chemicals and parts which make up the batteries and to produce the electrical energy required by the machines which assemble the batteries!

OOps.
Coal is used by polluting US electricity generating stations. The air pollution from Chicago comes to my part of Canada.

?
Not all coal plants are polluting.
Some are actually as clean as other forms of power.
We have a new plant here in Wisconsin that is very low in pollutants being dispersed to the air.
It just depends if they want to spend the money for scrubbers that do the job.
Here in Wisconsin, the pollution does not come from Chicago.
Most just comes past Chicago.
Most is blown in from States farther to the South East.
Of course, because we have the low air quality, the Government requires we have to spend more for treated gas, which does little to help, as we are not the cause of the pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back