Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CNY70 Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBabaBoss7

Hello, I wanted to ask, if there is Sensor that is faster than the CNY70, and that looks similar. I need it for a mall circuit.

Hello, I wanted to ask, if there is Sensor that is faster than the CNY70, and that looks similar. I need it for a mall circuit.

Hate to see a first post go unbashed ;)

I looked at the data sheet and see no mention at all of response time, unless I missed it which is certainly possible. So then I went here and noticed that I could search on response time. On a whim I picked this one which has a 10us response time (note both characteristics). Then I searched for Vishay (which included the CNY70) and the response time column went away.

So, why don't you let us know how you know what the CNY70 response time is or otherwise explain what you mean by faster? Maybe even describe your circuit and what you are trying to do?

i need to build a Digital distance measurement, and i have 3 CNY70. I wanted to know if there is maybe a better Sensor, just to "upgrade" the circuit. It is not very important, i can work with the CNY70 sensors without any problems.

i need to build a Digital distance measurement, and i have 3 CNY70. I wanted to know if there is maybe a better Sensor, just to "upgrade" the circuit. It is not very important, i can work with the CNY70 sensors without any problems.
The sensor is a reflective photo sensor typically used to photo sense objects at about 6 mm. It is not designed for use in distance measurement. It uses an open collector output so it is designed to sense objects within its range use providing a yes/no output as to the presence of an object in front of it. Like abjects moving past on a conveyor.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back