Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CNC software for PCB drilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
THE QUESTION:
Is anyone doing CNC PCB drilling (do not care about routing), if so what software are they using to do so?

BACKGROUND:
Today I found that our local highschool has a mini CNC machine. I neglected to write down what the brand and model number are. Will do so tomorrow and post it. (it was blue)

I use EagleCad and would like to use this CNC to drill my boards. I do not know what software package they have installed but I am guessing it is not what I need. Could be wrong.

I have started the search to figure out what software will work. So far I have found SheetCam which has a demo version that does 150 lines (of G code IIRC). An open source solution would be better as I would rather spend my money on other toys if possible.

I know about CNCZone but am asking here first.

3v0

We have a Denford Triton...

**broken link removed**

Too bad they won't let me use it for anything. It's permanently set up to make clocks...stupid classes.

Too bad about that.

There is a free 3rd party download for EagleCad that generates the needed GCode to mill and drill boards.
It is call PCB-GCode.

It looks like I can make a few modification to a config file and get it to generate the needed GCode for the MaxNC.

The file containing the GCODE is an ASCII file that can be read by (almost??) any CNC softwares so the problem is not there. You need a software that will be able to generate this GCODE.

Personnaly I use FreePCB to draw my PCB designs. It can generate the GCODE but I have to modify it before it can be read by TurboCNC, my favourite CNC software.

YouTube - PCB Drilling

(Just noticed that it is an old thread)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back