Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cnc gas cutting machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is your help:

10 REM CNC Machine code
20 Print "This is my gas cutting CNC machine code"
30 goto 20
40 END

Unless you have some more details, thats all your gonna get ;)

What circuit? What drivers? What Motors? What language? What compiler?

Throw us a bone here, friend!

still trying to figure that out either...

its a repair job actually..

the existing machine is an optical-electronic line follower type..but the optical part is already busted..

the idea is to convert it to cnc type.

Youch... Yeah, you 've got a lot of work to do..

There are SO MANY different setups and designs that there is no way to even guess about what is the best approach.

Obviously, a CNC requires computer control, so you will need a way for the X, Y, and Z axis to be motor controlled. Stepper motors are most common.

The required step-resolution is what determines the motor control type.

There are many pre-existing programs to control the CNC once you have the motor drivers and motors set up.

Mach3 is popular in the DIY crowd..Google: CNC control software for many free and expensive programs.. They will make your life that much easier.

Sounds interesting! How about more detail on what you have and maybe a few pictures.

Ken

There are configurable software packages that don't cost much. I have a book at home, and i can see what the author used ( can't remember off the top of my head )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back