Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMV and inamp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgergo

Hi!

I'd like to make a simple ECG circuit where I'd like drive the right leg with the inverted common mode voltage based on this design. In this design, they inject the CMV interference back into the patient's body with a gain of 91 (the OP97 inverting opamp does this).

So I created a simple simulation where I placed a 4 mV CMV above an 100 mV differential voltage and amplified with INA129 with a gain of ~10. Yes, I know it is not realistic. The simulation screenshot is attached. What I don't understand is the CMV value. It is rather high and if it would go into an inverting amplifier stage (right leg driver) of gain 91 then it will clearly saturate the inverting opamp, right? With only 4mV of CMV. As far as I know, CM interference is always greater than 4mV.

What's wrong with this calculation?

Attachments

• inamp.jpg
    inamp.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 207
Why are you not using the AD620A as shown in the schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back