Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Image Sensor suggestions/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

Hi, I'm planning a project which involves taking an image every x number of seconds.

So I've been looking at CMOS sensore, such as this:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10061

Ideally, though, I want higher than VGA resolution. That's not an absolute must if it's going to make it too hard for me to do.

I'd like a challenge, but my ability is limited (I'm an AS level student currently, and whilst I've read and practised plenty outside of school Electronics courses, I'm not up to scratch building a sensor/lens/controller system - I wouldn't know where to start).

For that reason, a package like I linked above seems like a good choice. With a bit of reading, I should be able to interface with it via a PIC?

Anyone have any other suggestions? And also, what about storage? I'd like the result stored on SD card or similar, but I've never used any storage controllers or anything, so again, a poitn in the right direction would be helpful.

Sparkfun's forums and comments seem to have had varying success with getting images from that sensor (there's a model up which noone says they've managed to get working - apparently datasheets are crap/foreign/non-existent).

Does anyone here know of a good sensor and controller package that would output JPEGs that would be more possible for me to get working?

Thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back