Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cloning a P89V51RD2BN Microcontroller???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan1988

Hi all

My first post here... And I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have a P89V51RD2BN Microcontroller which is apart of a board on a cnc machine of mine. The company does not have any of these chips in existence and they are saying that i will need to upgrade if my machine dies. So to avoid this I have heard to safeguard this one particular part i can remove the chip, clone it and then keep the clone as a backup.

I am not electronically minded... is there a way i can copy it similar to like a sd card reader? Ie: read off the information, save it one the pc and then put a blank chip on and re write it?

Also from what i can see thee particular chips seam to be hard to find, are there any drop in substitutes?

The information on the chip are as follows:

P89v51RD2Bn
FA96-0023
-zG0943 A0

If anyone can help with a link to a reader, software and place to purchase the chip that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Ryan

Never heard of that chip, but chips in commercial products are almost certainly going to be copy protected, so it wouldn't be able to be copied.

Even if it was capable of copying, you would need a programmer capable of reading and programming those specific devices.

However, it's VERY, VERY rare that processors ever fail - any failure is FAR more likely to be something else.

P89v51 is a high end 8051 micro. from Philips.
If the P89v51 was to die it would die when you pull it out of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back