Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock using LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernnie

i want to do a normal clock(analog clock, not the digital clock) using LED, who know how to do or who got this circuit?

First, you need 60 LEDs in a circle to mark the minutes. I would use 48 red ones and 12 yellow to mark the 5 minutes. Inside of that circle (or outside) 12 LEDs to mark the hours. The power line frequency divided by 3600 will provide a pulse every minute which can clock a one 0f 10 decoder. You will need 6 of them for 60 minutes, and two that are clocked by the output of the minute decoders to mark the hours.

I discovered that my original idea was too complex, shift registers are easier to do. I only posted a partial block diagram because you will not learn much if I do the whole design.

Attachments

• CLOCK_BLOCK.jpg
    CLOCK_BLOCK.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 539
I dont know if this would be useful to you, but whilst making our final year Electronic project in college my friend made a digital cloak.
He made it so that there was a two 7 segment displays in the middle counting the minutes, whilst having 12 LEDS in a circle around the 7 segment displays displaying the hours.
I could obtain the circuit diagrams for you if this is of interest you.
I the circuit he made did work, just to give you certanty of its reliability.

Private message me back if you so wish this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back