Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EfeVural

hello again i could not continue my work for a while for some reason.. anyway there is a problem:

l am trying to make a simple digital clock. in the attachment, i use an and gate to reset the counter when it comes to 6(i take the inputs from binary code of 6: 0110) it is okey it does the job. However; when i connect the 3rd 7segment which is 0-9minutes part: it does not become 1 when seconds pass 59 and become 00 again.. If i dont use and gate then the seconds go to 99 and after that minutes becomes 1 and seconds 00 :gives 100; so no problem... however whlie using and gate i used an ossciloscope and there was neither drop nor rise(always + some voltage steady) in the voltage of the carry out of second counter which goes to the carry in of the 3rd counter(which should trigger the 3rd counter to work properly). And there is no problem when i do not use and gate in 2nd counter and it counts from 00 to 99; which means voltage of the carryout of the second counter is allways positiv escept drops to 0 at 9 and rises again at 0 which sends the triggering to the 3rd counter...

So how can i owercome this problem? I searched the forum and found related problems. There were some solutions suggested with preset inputs; however as i understood, the function of the presets is that they decide the beginning number of the count. However i try to fix the ending number of the count to 5(after that come 0. So i could not relate my problem to those solutions...

Attachments

• counter4.png
    counter4.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 146
The letters and numbers on your schematic are too small to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back