Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clever(?) way of controlling the extractor fan in my ensuite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnorton

Hi,

I am hoping to find a smarter way of controlling the extractor fan in my bathroom, I'll have to explain the enviroment though -

All my light switches are momentary action switches as all the lights in the house are connected with X-10 devices.
My extractor fan has a isolator switch outside the bathroom, it also has a "switch" wire which needs a normal switch to operate correctly, currently, this is connected permanently to the live wire.
I would like the extractor fan to turn on only when the electric shower is *Operating*, and turn off after it's timer expires, I do not want the fan to turn on just when the shower's isolator is switched on, as I am lazy from this point of view, and will forget to turn it off.

What I was thinking, is having a circuit which can sense current flowing through the circuit that the shower runs from, and turn on a relay or something similar - It would be good to have a way which I can manually override this and turn it on for other reasons..

Can anyone help? :)

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back