Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cleaned Out A Barn. Found Some ... Stuff. Want It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in this section before, but it's the first place I thought of when I came across all this stuff.

My family has moved farms, and we have moved into an older barn. In the top there were boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of crap. Boxes of pie plates, used glass jars, broken toys... Ugh.

But I know the person who put the junk up their was into electronics, so sooner or later I was bound to come across some fun stuff. And I did! I don't really want to throw it out, but I don't know who (if anyone) would pay for any of it.

So I put this offer forward: if you want any of this stuff, all I ask is that you pay shipping (and if its super heavy, maybe enough for a coffee afterwards). If you feel its worth more than that, feel free to pay me more :)

Caution, some of the pictures are ~8MB (in other words, zoom to your heart's content).

-----------

Tons of 3-Prong AC Connectors (Looks like theyre supposed to snap in to a square hole, 3 prewired leads)

D-Sub Connectors (male and female)

D-Sub Connector Shells with hardware

What I assume are potting boxes (50mm x 50mm x 25mm), there are roughly 1500 of them (3 boxes of 500)

There are some more measuring instruments (an Integrator, one of these) that we've found as well that I dont have pictures of at the moment. Here are others that I do have pictures of (they all seem to be related to strain gauges):

Bridge Amplifier and Meter

Portable Strain Indicator

A Vishay-Ellis 10

There are also some boxes of wire and harnesses, one that's got a bunch of spools of 28AWG (I am keeping the spools in the first picture but the harnesses in the box are fair game). They may not be worth the trouble to ship them, but again, if anyone wants them:

Finally, there's this ... thing. I don't know what to call it, but that's a lot of switches.

-------------

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free! I am more than happy to field any questions you might have about my random stuff :) Cheers!

Christ, I'm feeling a ghost walking over my grave right now...

"Look - here's ANOTHER box of full-breakout DB25 cables from old Duffer's basement."
"Maybe he thought teletypewriters would come back in style!"
"HA HA HA HA"

(shiver)

Hi,

I like the bridge amp, how much does it weigh?

Very nice.
looks like the remains of a small wire wrap operation.

----
How much do you want for the signal conditioning amplifier?
and both spools of wire to the right side of this photo:
**broken link removed**

Someone was apparently doing work with strain gauges at one time. I have much of the same stuff here at work but newer versions.

Yeah, I feel like Duffy. I keep telling my wife I plan to get rid of some of the junk. Then too, never know when I might need a standard resistor set or HP 200CD audio oscillator or maybe a set of mercury in glass precision thermometers. :)

Ron

Last edited:
I thought strain gauges, too, but I would be wrong :) Found a bunch of manuals for some of the measuring equipment, and along with them was a datasheet for an accelerometer! It appears to resemble a Wheatstone bridge, I guess this would be before the days of MEMS accelerometers ;)

The Integrator (appears to be locally built):

Strain Gauge Conditioner:

Solid State Electrolytic Conductivity Bridge:

Vishay-Ellis 13 Digital Indicator:

-----------

How much do you want for the signal conditioning amplifier?
and both spools of wire to the right side of this photo:
**broken link removed**

Id be happy with like... $20 + the cost of shipping for both of them. Just want to see this stuff go to the right people, and not the trash :)

I like the bridge amp, how much does it weigh?
I would guess around a pound or three - its not really heavy. The datasheet I found lists it as 12lbs w/ batteries, so I would assume it doesn't have the batteries inside. I will swing by the barn tonight or tomorrow and get a proper weight :)

Last edited:
Why do you have these pix loading with https instead of http? That just slows it down even more!

Interesting is the M Bond 200 manual. We use the M Bond line all the time for strain gauge mounting. Quite a bit of prep before the gauge is mounted to the surface. Someone was busy with strain gauges as well as other things.

The old conductivity meter is also pretty cool. The dial is labeled in Micro Mhos rather than Siemens. Hell, I liked MHOS better because MHO is OHM spelled backwards. Always made sense to me.

Actually if you were in the states I would likely have had an interest in some of the stuff. Then too, I have a small mountain of old test equipment. :)

Oh yeah, nice touch with the puppy paw, was the puppy helping? Mine like to help too. :)

Ron

Last edited:
d-sub solder type I am assuming?

u still have them, may be interested in male and female with covers. not all of them because of shipping cost to usa, do you have flat rate boxes? what is the cheapest way to ship to usa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back