Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clean 9 volt Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7420

I'm trying to find a clean "Humm free" power supply to use it in my fm transmitter circuit. I've got a small 500mW transformer it is not center tapped. I think that can be made from transistors, output power is not important, a 100mW would be enough for me.
But I'm unable to find a schematic... would you guys help me out there? Thanks in advance....

If you really want a simple 9V power supply, just use a 9V battery, they deliver pure DC without any ripple.

Well, if I could use a 9 volt battery, I would have no point making this thread, but I want a power supply which can supply power 24 hours a day.... Battery will be dead in the 6,7 hours because my transmitter is more power consuming than ordinary one. Thank you.

I usually just use a large amout of capacitence to reduce hum, but it is hard to make a power supply hum free.

Your best bet would be to make a 12 power supply (12v transformer, rectifier, lots of smoothing capacitors), then regulate that down to 9v using a linear regulator (with it's own smoothing and decoupling caps).

That will give you very low noise.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back