Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class C RF Amplifier Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd13

Can this schematic for a 1-watt class c amplifier work to amplify a signal from a 49mhz rc car? Just assume I have all the right part values. All I want to know is if it will work, like if there’s a problem with the type of signals the rc car puts out compared to the type of signals the amplifier was meant to amplify. Any help would be nice, thanks.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2003/11/class_c.pdf

I remember in my amateur radio days that the class C amp works only with Frequency Modulation signals. The RC car might be using simple AM circuits which will lose the modulation through the class C amp.

Motion - like you, my amateur radio training tells me that the class C amp is not appropriate for anything other than CW or FM. It might work or might not work depending on how tolerant the receiving system is of a distorted signal. In the process of distorting the signal a bunch of interference can or will be generated which can cause a whole bunch of other problems. I'd worry that you might put one together and find that it does work based on the RC systems response to commands but unknowingly anger some others with the unintended interference.

With the right adjustments you might get the amplifier to operate in a more linear mode however with significantly less power.

Thanks, so...then.......what would be a good circuit (if you know of any) to use to amplify the signal the best with out a lot of interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back