Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clapp controlled switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun prabhu

hello,

i have attached two figures. one of them is mic amp and the other is multivibrator.
iam using a relay instead of the led2 .. which switches the light on and off.
obviously it is vibrating continuously . i need to stop that continuous vibration so
that the relay should be in one state for one pulse.... iam combining the mic amp
ckt to this vibrator as input.:) how can i :confused: please guide me:(

Attachments

• pic char 001.jpg
    pic char 001.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 183
  • pic char 003.jpg
    pic char 003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 165
You built a multi-vibrator which is designed to oscillate. What did you expect? You can't modify it to do what you want.

You need to replace the multi-vibrator with a 555 connected as a one-shot and a Flip-Flop such as a 4013.
Connect the 555 as a one-shot with a period of about 0.5s. (Google "555 timer" if you need a circuit).
Connect the 555 trigger input to the Mic amp output (with a 10k pull-up resistor to +9V).
Connect the 555 output to the FF Clk input.
Connect the FF D input to the FF /Q output.
Connect all unused FF inputs to ground.
Connect the Q output to the relay driver transistor.

The 555 one-shot provides a delay so the FF will not be triggered more than once for each clap. Each clap such then trigger the FF into the alternate state (Off to On to Off to...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back