Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circut components legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknezz19

Hello everyone. I'm new around here but find electronics very interesting. What's needed is a table with all the circuit component symbols listed. While googling around a bit I found incomplete listings. Maybe someone knows of a complete one.

*Edit*
I read the faq, good to go. My apologies for this useless post.

*Edit2*
I found this symbol listing but didn't see these two symbols circled in green.

*Edit3*
How do i know what voltage rating the capacitors should be at in this circut? Should they just be 5v for the power that comes off the usb?

Last edited:
Hi,

I dont see your two circled symbols, try again?

Edit 2
C1 is an "electrolytic capacitor". There are some variations in the symbol for these.
L1 is an "air wound coil".
Edit 3
Since it is a USB input C1 could be rated at 6VCD (common value) of greater. The non electrolytics would also be rated at that or higher.

Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply KMoffett. What about the voltage rating on the caps how does that work? This circut is 5v right because it runs off usb. Well I didn't see any 5v rated caps at the store only 6v.

Last edited:
You want the capacitor to have a voltage rating "higher than" the maximum voltage that will be applied across it. 6VCD is a standard value and would be fine for 5VDC circuits. 10V or 25V or 50v capacitors would work fine too. The physical size also increases with the voltage rating, so that may dictate a specific choice.

Ken

Last edited:
Hi MrAI. It's there my friend, check the word "these" in the second edit.

Hi again,

Oh ok yes i see it now :)
L is inductor, C is capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back