Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrotime

transmitter and receiver for text message

I need to send the text message of my computer to a remote device via wireless medium. I have to make both transmitter and 'text message receiving device'. How can i start my project?

Last edited:
Is it short range? If so you need a transmitter and a receiver module at each end and a microcontroller.

If you want longer range, you can send and receive SMS messages over the GSM network with the GSM modules from Telit Telit or Siemens or Motorola

Using a wireless transciever like this from Easyradio (there are many other manufacturers), you dont even need a microprocessor, just a MAX232 level convertor. Its RS232 in and out, easy.

Attachments

• ER400TS-02[1]-19.jpg
    ER400TS-02[1]-19.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 159
thanks

thanks diver300 and bassnut...
and bassnut i will like to know more about max232 level converter,could i get more help from u on this?

The max232 will convert the uarts higher plus and minus voltage/serial data to 0-5v form so you to decode it with you lower voltage circuit and microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back