Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahhonne

i need to find a relation between SP and SE in the first figure,
and then a relation between ED and SD in second figure.

can you help me please?

Attachments

• figure 1.png
    figure 1.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 190
  • figure2.png
    figure2.png
    8 KB · Views: 189
The first one is an "Inverting amplifier" it has an easy formula, you can Wiki or Google it and use your Ohm's law knowledge for the extra two resistors ( hint, use parallel and series )

The second thing is a "Differentiator" you can read up on it here**broken link removed**

If you just wanted a full answer... err then wait for someone else to post. I just give hints lol..

Fig 1: The gain is set by the ratio of Rf/Rin. You are using the inverted (-) input, so your output is inverted so its -Rf/Rin. Rf is the net resistance between the output and the (-) input so figure out the equivalent resistance of the top rheostat and the series resistance with Rrheo at 0 and at max. Now calculate the equivalent resistance of the top resistances in parallel with the bottom resistor. This is the minimum and maximum feedback resistance, or Rf(min) to Rf(max) . Rin is your R1. The relationship between Sp/Se is -Rf/Rin. You have a low value for Rf and a high value for Rf, so your relationship is a range from -Rf(min)/Rin to Rf(max)/Rin.

Fig 2: is similar, gain = -Rf/Rin. Rf is the rheostat's value from 0 to max ohms. Rin depends on the frequency of the incoming signal because of C1's reactance. At DC, C1's reactance is infinite, so your Rin is infinite. At very low frequency, Xc is very high so Rin is R1 + Xc approaching infinity. At high frequency, C1's reactance approaches 0, so Rin is ~ R1. So depending the Rheostat and the frequency, you'll get a couple of different answers.

The first circuit amplifies AC and DC.
The second circuit amplifies AC only.

The first circuit amplifies AC and DC.
The second circuit amplifies AC only.

I like your no non-sense way of speaking. You know and you know you know:)

I miss Papa Bravo too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back