Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuits parallel and series

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkoike

First question - in a closed circuit does the voltage change across resistors? for example. If you start with 20 volts what is the voltage across the resistor/

Second question - does current change across resistors? If you have a closed circuit with one resistor (R1) then two resistors in parallel (R2, R3), is the current passing through R3 just I = V/R3 or I= V/Rtotal?

Thank you very much!

1) In resistor parallel circuits , voltage doesn't change; In resistor series circuits VRx = Vt * Rx / Rtotal

2) In resistor parallel circuits current across a resistor doesn't change; In resistor series circuits Itotal = Vtotal/Rtotal

Your questions are rather vague.

In the title you wrote "circuits in paralle and series" but there is no mention of "series" in the questions.

I suggest that you post a circuit so we can see what you are trying to do.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back