Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit visualization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Here goes and forgive me if this sounds a bit of a strange question.

For sometime now while experimenting with electronics I have pondered on the idea of if it's possible or practical to create a circuit that shows the flow of the the entire circuit.

I had this thought when my son asked me how this and that worked on a circuit I built for a 6 digit clock.I thought it would be good to show how each component worked within a circuit and how they manipulated another component.

I'm thinking that LED's or similar could be used.

Not sure really how to best explain what I'm asking so I hope you understand!!

Any thoughts on this..be gentle with me.:D

Last edited:
Check out the applets on this page, particularly the circuit ones...

Hi Mike

Cheers for the link unfortunately I can't play any of the applets even though I have the latest versions of Java. Think it's a vista issue :mad:

Anyway I'm thinking that a circuit say a clock circuit could be constructed where we can visualize what each component is doing.

Example if it had a counter circuit we show by LED'S or similar the actual IC. showing the counting and then the pin out to the next component going (high and low), (1 and 0), (red and green) and then show the same into the next IC.

It would be nice to see of the connecting wires from componant to componant also go green and red when high and low.

I'm thinking that we will have the issue where we are putting extra circuitry in just to animate an IC..

Just a thought but can it be done?

Cheers

Last edited:
It might be rather expensive, but I will take your idea a step further...I may be unaware that something like this already exists for high level commercial designers, but how about a "smart" breadboard that has an "array" of high impedance digital oscilloscope inputs at every pin connection and every rail point, complete with computer communication and software, so that the equipment senses and maps out the circuit performance, even identifying components, values, and variability, then offers a printable schematic once the correct results are verified by the designer. The component identification scheme might be tricky, with the software offering a list of guesses which the designer would confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back