Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit to Emulate PC USB Keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamey

I want to build a circuit that will have a USB connection and plug into a PC and be seen as your normal USB keyboard. I want my device to be able to send keystrokes to the PC as if a user pressed the keyboard themselves. I have a microcontroller that will be sending the keystrokes based on inputs from a "controller".

I initially thought of hacking a keyboard to get the guts out, but this isn't a very elegant solution. I opened a couple different keyboards I had laying around and they all had a "dot" for a microcontroller/silicone, which leads me to think they had custom part made. Plus, I don't like the idea of soldering a bunch of wires to connect their "header" to my circuit - I'd like to have everything on my own PCB.

I thought there must be someone who makes an all-in-one IC that has a USB connection on one side and accepts a keyboard matrix on the other, but I can't seem to find one. The few I did find were microcontrollers themselves, and I don't want to learn to program another micro just for this function.

If anyone has heard of something that would do what I want, it'd be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back