Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit that can make a call to my phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssembo

Hello, i am requesting for ideas of how i can design a circuit that can detect a touch, say on my car or gate and initiate a call to my phone number indicating an emmergency.

I guess i will need some touch sensors but my worry is how i can adjust a phone inorder to receive asignal from the circuit and intiate a call and only to my number.

Thanks in advance.

You use the phone as a GSM modem, and send a text messgae via it to any number you want. Or you could use just a GSM modem, rather than a complete phone.

There are already complete working alarm systems that do exactly this, particularly for motorbikes.

Thanks Nigel for the reply. Allow me ask; how are my to trigger that GSM phone or modem to make the call or send an SMS to the number i want.

I have searched with google but could not find anything related, probably i used the wrong key words. Please your help is still needed.

Thanks Nigel for the reply. Allow me ask; how are my to trigger that GSM phone or modem to make the call or send an SMS to the number i want.

I have searched with google but could not find anything related, probably i used the wrong key words. Please your help is still needed.

You need a microcontroller, correctly programmed - there are numerous threads on here about it.

Here is an example of what's possible: **broken link removed**

SMS messages to cell phones is easier than the call and announce systems to real phones.

Some key terms are "autodialers" and "alarm monitoring" and "SMS"

KeepIt, thanks for the info though it failed to open. Anyway i wanted to make the design myself using a microcontroller and say a GSM phone. Just didn't know how!

Came across the AT commands and iam nt sure of how to invoke them in the microcontroller program. How the design is made, also that i have no idea but am willing to learn.

I ordered for a USB bit whacker and am recieving it soon probably this week. i would like to use this and my GSM modem for the practice.

ur help will be highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back