Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

akg

hello all

i have seen in some other post saying that multisim is best for simulating ckts..

i would like to know ,what others are using for simulation..
(if good free tools are avilable..it would be nice to post the link tooo :) )

akg said:
hello all

i have seen in some other post saying that multisim is best for simulating ckts..

i would like to know ,what others are using for simulation..
(if good free tools are avilable..it would be nice to post the link tooo :) )

Linear Technologies "Switchercad" spice simulator is in my opinion, the best free simulator available today (And I've tried a dozen or so..)

Here is the URL:

https://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

Multisim is not at all the best simulator in my opinion. What they charge for a professional version amounts to highway robbery and it's just not that good. It doesn't offer many of the simulation options & types and in my opinion, I think the GUI is pretty user hostile. I might consider seriously using it if it were free (might)

ok, then i suggest you to download it by Emule program ( you can search for proteus through this program)..
Emule is a special program for downloading files and documents... if you don't have Emule you can download it from :

https://compnetworking.about.com/od/p2ppeertopeer/qt/emuledownload.htm

try, but for me i couldn't download Emule , may be there's something wrong with my PC or from the website itself , i don't know!!

good luck!

I love Livewire. It is somewhat limited, but for beginning to intermediate hobbyists, it's a great learning tool :

Attachments

• livewire_shot.png
    livewire_shot.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,285
I also use Linear Techology's SwitcherCAD III. I like it because it is free, and is not castrated like most demo versions of commercally available simulators. It may be harder to learn than some because you need to have some understanding of Spice commands such as .options, .param, .ic,etc., or you have to have the patience and tenacity to learn them from the extensive help file that comes with the program.

so i think most of the people support switcher cad
It may be harder to learn than some because you need to have some understanding of Spice commands such as .options, .param, .ic,etc.,
or you have to have the patience and tenacity to learn

of cource.. electronics demands continues learning and lot of patience ..so if it is worth..we have to go for it.

The most accurate is Micro-Cap
Multisim is good for learning but does not simulate all circuits right.
Proteus is good epsecialy if you want to simulate uC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back