Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Info Needed: When state goes from 5V to 0 VDC output goes to 5 or 9 VDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satcom

Hello,

I am wanting to build a circuit which when a 5 VDC input goes to zero volts (not necessarily ground) the circuit produces 9 VDC output of up to 100 ma of current from a small "transistor" battery. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to also be able to adjust the output from 5 to 9 VDC.

This might seem a bit strange, why would I want to produce 5V when 5V goes to zero? I need to use this for when the radio signal into a UHF PIC receiver goes to zero and subsequently the output of pin D1 goes from 5 VDC to zero volts (or close to it). I want to build a solid state circuit which will produce a voltage when that happens to cause an alarm in the form of a voltage output; the full 9 VDC battery voltage of the device. I could do this with a normally open/NO relay too by keeping it energized when the signal was present and then when de-energized close to pass voltage to another device, in this case a piezo buzzer, but I don't want to suffer the continuous current draw of the coil if using a magnetic relay.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am wanting to build a circuit which when a 5 VDC input goes to zero volts (not necessarily ground) the circuit produces 9 VDC output of up to 100 ma of current from a small "transistor" battery. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to also be able to adjust the output from 5 to 9 VDC.

This might seem a bit strange, why would I want to produce 5V when 5V goes to zero? I need to use this for when the radio signal on a PIC receiver goes to zero and the output D1 pin goes from 5 VDC to zero VDC. I want to alarm when the signal goes away and need to produce some voltage when the 5V disappears.

hi,
A LM393 comparator could be configured to detect less then 5V and raise an output to 5v or 9V, you would require a MOSFET or transistor on the comp output to give 100mA.

Untitled-1.jpg

this is the out put of the simulation

View attachment level converter.pdf

these may help you....

Last edited:
Driver

If I understand you right you want the buzzer to go off when the input goes low.
Here is a transistor implementation.

Attachments

• rly.PNG
    rly.PNG
    53.3 KB · Views: 166
Thank you very much, those do help me because I'm in Afghanistan and it takes a long time for mail to reach me, but I do have transistors and resistors and can build this quickly.

Regards,

Chris, civilian supporting the USAF

ronv; You need to level shift and invert. The output of your circuit does not apper to invert. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back