Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

I have this idea. I was using the Lift one day when I began wondering how the "floor display" was able to tell which floor the elevator was in.

I think a circuit using IR sensors, possibly encoders and decoders, a flip-flop (probably a bistable) and a seven segment.

When the Lift breaks the IR, a transistor connected to the circuit would be reverse biased and its collector voltage shoots up. this could be used to enable a decoder(?) and the floor number is displayed. Now how would it know which floor is which i.e how does it make each floor unique? That's where the MUX comes in. But where exactly does it come in :?

Ideas guys. I need contributions.

No they use a much simpler method than IR. Just a small microswitch which is fixed on every floor. The moving elevator presses the switch which increments or decrements the display.

ELEVATOR DISPLAY

Ha, ha ha! :lol: So I was complicating matters eh? But I think the ideal was a good one, and perfectly realizeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back