Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukrainetz

Hey guys, I want to fabricate a neat LED circuit for my water cooling system, that lets me know of trouble when there is any (low liquid, overheat, comp. on or off, etc). It will also incorporate switches that can control the wc system. Any pointers in the right direction? Maybe a simple to follow book? I know how to wire an LED, but how for example do you wire 3 LEDs, 1 on and 2 off, and when something goes wrong 1 shuts off, and either one of the other two go on signifying the specific problem...? Any help appreciated guys, sorry for the bad terminology/weak grasp of the subject for now :D

You will first need to determine how you will sense or measure the various parameters that are of concern to you.

An example - regarding temperature, you can purchase devices that open or close contacts at specific temperatures. The temps may be fixed or adjustable. The output is of course, contact closure/opening.

An alternative would be to use a thermistor with a comparator - giving you a very low power but useful electronic output.

Yet another alternative would be to use a thermistor or RTD to a microcontroller.

It sounds like quite the interesting project - not all that complicated but far more than one can deal with unless you break it down. I know of no book by itself that will outline all the steps for something like this.

i think to start you need to search google for "op-amp temperature sensor" ... it's a good start.. and you can keep it simple as do it all with op-amps

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back