Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny 5 said:
Could anyone please help me. I'm using AWR design software and I can't find some of the components. These are an MSUB a VAR a VIA and a V_DC. The components in question are from the circuit on page 6 of this document https://www.avagotech.com/pc/downloadDocument.do?id=4531
Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

:shock: GLUCK :!:

Man, take my advice: just drop this and find something else simple that you can manage :!:

Are you trying to pull our collective legs? If you cannot figure it out, you have no bisness building this amplifier. FYI: MSUB is part of the layout, I am not familiar with RF layout, so can't tell yu what it is. VAR is the mosfet transistor that this amplifier is all about. VIA is a plated thru hole in the substrate, so the two inductors are on opposite sides of the substrate. V_DC is a power supply, voltage = VGS of VAR.

I think you are trying to do a microwave board design without having a clue. MSUB is giving you the properties of the PC board material and other critical parameters for computing the imeadance of the striplines (MLIN), Step Attenuators(MSTEP) and tees (MTEEO).

VIA is a hole through the board.
V_DC is a DC voltage source.
VAR, with a Vgs of 0.55V, is the active device, an ATF 33143 PHEMT.

Impeadance matching is fun stuff. Time to break out the 'ole Smith Chart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back