Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier_O.o

**broken link removed**

please anyone can tell me, what are the ICs for these 4 logic gates and what are the pins that i can connect to this circuit

Welcome to Electro-Tech!
They look to me like NAND gates, though the specific IC number is not given. Is this the only image you have, or did it originally include a parts list? I guess the best question to ask right now is, where did you find this schematic?
Der Strom

Welcome to Electro-Tech!
They look to me like NAND gates, though the specific IC number is not given. Is this the only image you have, or did it originally include a parts list? I guess the best question to ask right now is, where did you find this schematic?
Der Strom

thanks for your reply.

yes. this is the only image that I have. there is no parts list. i got this for a LAB practical

this is the question

LAB 3 Prototyping of a simple circuit: QUIZ MASTER

The circuit shown in the figure allows a quizmaster to see which of two teams pressed their button before the other. It consists of two latching circuits, each employing two NOT gates. The NOT gates can be made from NAND gates with their inputs connected together as shown, or NOR gates, or NOT gates.

At power up the capacitors C1 & C2 ensure that the outputs from both latches are at logic 0, hence both LED’s will be switched off.

Since pin 6 of the upper latch is at logic 0, pin 3 must be at logic 1 (remember that the gates invert the logic levels applied to their inputs).
Similarly pin 11 is at logic 0, so pin 10 must be at logic 1.

The two push button switches are powered from pin 3 and pin 8 respectively. Suppose button S1 is pressed first. Pins 8 & 10 will be switched to logic 1, causing pin 8 to become logic 0, and pin 11 logic 1. Transistor Tr2 will switch on, and hence L2 will light. Since pin 8 is now at logic 0, pressing S2 will have no effect – the circuit is now latched with L2 lit, and L1 disabled.

If the master switch S3 is now opened the closed again, the circuit will reset and both S1 & S2 will be active.

The buzzer is designed to sound if either transistor turns on. The two diodes D1 & D2 prevent interference between the two transistors, but allow current to flow via the buzzer through either transistor if it turns on.

Capacitor C3 provides general decoupling.

1. Prepare a parts list of the circuit.
2. Download data sheets for diodes, transistors and ICs.
3. Select and buy suitable components (including a battery or a power pack) to construct the circuit.
4. Build the Prototype on a Prototyping board.
5. Verify the function of the circuit.

Submit a two page report including pictures of the prototype you build and any difficulties faced and how you overcome those.

Last edited:
need a help

hey dude, am on going with the this same assignment at the moment. can i have a hand for my report. i will be really obligated if u can do so.

hey dude, am on going with the this same assignment at the moment. can i have a hand for my report. i will be really obligated if u can do so.

What on earth is "a hand"? Applause?
What do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back